Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Seriously, this isn't happening to others too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, this isn't happening to others too?

Okay, since the vBulletin upgrade I've had an issue where every thread with a post in the past nine and a half days shows as having unread posts no matter what. The main page seems to properly show whether there are actually-unread posts in the subforum threads (see attachments), but even when I've made absolutely sure there is nothing and the main page shows everything as being read, going into any subforum still claims that all threads with posts in the last ~9.5 days have unread posts.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Of course I've read the threads, used both "Mark Channels Read" buttons (top and bottom ones work differently, I found out while researching the issue), logged out, tried other computers, cleared cookies and whatnot, etc. And all along I was told that it's only happening to me and one other (unspecified) person. So this morning I created a brand-new account using a freshly created browser profile (under a different user account so that nothing from any of my other browser profiles, extensions, etc. could carry over to it) and I get exactly the same problem.

Maybe I jinxed it:
    Originally posted by FairySlayer View Post
    Basically as long as there are working "Today's Posts" and "Mark Forums Read" buttons then I can deal with all the other bells and whistles.
    Attached Files

Oh good, then I'm not the only one this is happening to.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Comment

That doesn't seem to be happening to me. If it helps you to know, I'm using Firefox on Windows 7.

Comment

All that i know is that there's been little activity here :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Katie View Post
          Oh good, then I'm not the only one this is happening to.
          Hmm, I really thought more people would be affected, or maybe they're just not noticing this thread. At least deviantART still works fine.

Originally posted by George Glass View Post
          That doesn't seem to be happening to me. If it helps you to know, I'm using Firefox on Windows 7.
          Heh, same as my primary system. The other is Windows 8.1. Thanks for the info. No big differences about our accounts pop out at me either.

Anyway, do know of any chats (Skype, IRC, DasGooch's chat room, etc.) for lemon writers? I'm absolutely freakin' dying for some real-time conversation about the craft, ideas, etc.

Originally posted by Pepipopo ALT View Post
          All that i know is that there's been little activity here :P
          Yeah, that's been rough. I've been waiting for word about which threads go on PalComix and which go here: I had wanted to build up the TJA side, but it would suck to put a lot of effort into posting stories and topics only to then be told that they belong on Pal instead (or vice-versa).

Anyway, the other members who resurfaced seem to just be using Pal mostly, so between that and the bugs maybe I should do the same.

Comment

Anyway, do know of any chats (Skype, IRC, DasGooch's chat room, etc.) for lemon writers? I'm absolutely freakin' dying for some real-time conversation about the craft, ideas, etc.
            No, I sure don't. I didn't even know that was a thing. But then, I don't know that a lot of things are things. (Far Cry? One Punch Man? Fleek? No clue.)

Yeah, that's been rough. I've been waiting for word about which threads go on PalComix and which go here: I had wanted to build up the TJA side, but it would suck to put a lot of effort into posting stories and topics only to then be told that they belong on Pal instead (or vice-versa).

Anyway, the other members who resurfaced seem to just be using Pal mostly, so between that and the bugs maybe I should do the same.
            Which is too bad, because I find this site to be more user-friendly. When I look at new topics on Pal, half of them are blank. Maybe that's another thing that I don't know is a thing.

Comment

Yep that's a happing to me

Comment

Not happening to me. Like I pay any attention in the first place.
                Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

Ok little bit of research and I've adjusted be topics to no longer mark read by cookie. It's now entirely based on the database. This should fix everyone's issue albeit slightly more processor intensiv but I doubt it'll notice.
                  Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                    Ok little bit of research and I've adjusted be topics to no longer mark read by cookie. It's now entirely based on the database.
                    It's seems to be working perfectly now – awesome! Thanks.

Comment

Ah, much less headache inducing, thanks!
                      KS

Comment

Working...
                      X