Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

I'm going away for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going away for a while

I just got off the phone with the nursing home. My father, who has been suffering from complications from a stroke he had a few years ago and has been battling acute dementia for the last two years, has passed away. I need some time to cope.
    Goodbye, for now.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

My condolences. Thoughts and prayers with you, NK.

Comment

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and I wish you and your entire family solace as you gather to mourn his passing. Hopefully in time you'll be able to remember him at his best.

Take care.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that, NK. You and your family have my heartfelt sympathy.
        Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

Take care of yourself. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
          Check out my stories
          https://www.jabarchives.com/tjaforum...sumtember-2019

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
            KS

Comment

I hope everything turns out right for you. My condolences, and take care.
              The gentle touch of violin strings

Comment

My father has been cremated and a memorial service will be held for him on July 3rd. I’m kind of shocked that I’m coping with it as well as I am, but I suppose I shouldn’t be. I think once his dementia got so bad that he couldn’t remember me or his grandchildren anymore, I silently accepted that he was gone at that point.

One sidebar; funeral homes and their owners are parasites. They tried getting my mother, an old retired woman living on a fixed income, to fork over 12,000 dollars to cremate my dad in an oak casket. The bastard wouldn’t let up until I finally stepped in and told him outright that if my dad knew he was being cremated in anything grander than a cardboard box he’d haunt us for the rest of our lives, and that if he kept pressing the issue I’d put him in a fucking box. Seriously, how low can you possibly be when you’re swindling an old woman while she’s grieving!?

*sigh*

In any case. I’m not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but if there is life after death then I hope wherever he ended up is a better place than where he was. At least he’s not hurting anymore. I want to thank everyone for your kind words and supporting comments. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it really does mean the world to me.

Well...I guess that’s it.

Goodbye, dad. I love you so much.
                Last edited by Nurse Katie; 06-20-2016, 05:52 PM.
                Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Comment

I really feel for you and your family, NK. That was as low as a person can go without scraping their gills on the ground. DAMN !! That ain't right. I'm glad yo u let them have it with both barrels. His family will face a funeral home one of these days themselves. Maybe the payback to them will be tenfold I STILL got your back, my friend.
                  Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

Good for you, shutting down a funeral home worker who was clearly wrong but just wouldn't stop pushing it. (Then again, you have had years of practice…)

Seriously though, I'm glad you're focusing on the positives. Again, my sincerest condolences to you and your entire family.

Comment

Parasites? That's an insult to the poor organisms. More like politicians.

Glad things went well, for the most part. Remember to cherish all the good times you had, and he will never be forgotten.

Comment

NK, I cannot possibly imagine what you're going through right now. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Katie View Post
                          My father has been cremated and a memorial service will be held for him on July 3rd. I’m kind of shocked that I’m coping with it as well as I am, but I suppose I shouldn’t be. I think once his dementia got so bad that he couldn’t remember me or his grandchildren anymore, I silently accepted that he was gone at that point.

One sidebar; funeral homes and their owners are parasites. They tried getting my mother, an old retired woman living on a fixed income, to fork over 12,000 dollars to cremate my dad in an oak casket. The bastard wouldn’t let up until I finally stepped in and told him outright that if my dad knew he was being cremated in anything grander than a cardboard box he’d haunt us for the rest of our lives, and that if he kept pressing the issue I’d put him in a fucking box. Seriously, how low can you possibly be when you’re swindling an old woman while she’s grieving!?

*sigh*

In any case. I’m not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but if there is life after death then I hope wherever he ended up is a better place than where he was. At least he’s not hurting anymore. I want to thank everyone for your kind words and supporting comments. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it really does mean the world to me.

Well...I guess that’s it.

Goodbye, dad. I love you so much.

I feel sorry for your loss. I have a 77 year old grandfather struggling in a retirement home after a stroke he got a few 2 years ago. He got paralyzed in the left arm and left leg of his body and it's a terrible thing to know how limited his movement is know. So my knowledge if grandpa's struggle is not so different from what your father must have been through.

I'm also impressed how you handled telling that funeral home salesman fuck off with his ridiculous price tag.
                          Last edited by NOCRUORO; 08-24-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X