Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

In memory of WWOEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In memory of WWOEC

Pretty Soon February will arrive and marks 1 year since WWOEC Forum was closed. In dedication to its memory i used the wayback machine to bring the image of our unnamed mascot girl back.

Rest in Peace but we shall carry on and never forget.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Almost a year ! I retired last February, and it hasn't seemed like it.
    Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

Man, and we once thought WWOEC will always be around. A year already, huh?
      All the game girls need a good fucking, and we're just the guys to help them out.

Comment

Man, time flies.

So when are we bringing back Lisafest?

Comment

A year?Wow, it seems like forever.

Comment

Aw man, Lisafest! I miss it sooooooo much...
            I think we should restore that nice tradition here, as soon as possible too.

Just an idea, maybe rename it to Lolifest, so other cartoon characters are allowed, too? Speaking from personal experience, in both TJA and Palcomix there are lots of wonderful and talented artists, but only few of them draw Simpsons characters. (I can only remember EW, GKG and Jimmy.) If we allow other shows/canons as well, more drawings will appear. (I would only draw Lisa, of course.)

Comment

YOU miss it !! Man, I've had withdrawal symptoms since it closed. I saved ALL of those pics since it started.

Comment

Originally posted by rogermaris9 View Post
                YOU miss it !! Man, I've had withdrawal symptoms since it closed. I saved ALL of those pics since it started.
                You too?

Comment

Yep, sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny View Post
                    Aw man, Lisafest! I miss it sooooooo much...
                    I think we should restore that nice tradition here, as soon as possible too.

Just an idea, maybe rename it to Lolifest, so other cartoon characters are allowed, too? Speaking from personal experience, in both TJA and Palcomix there are lots of wonderful and talented artists, but only few of them draw Simpsons characters. (I can only remember EW, GKG and Jimmy.) If we allow other shows/canons as well, more drawings will appear. (I would only draw Lisa, of course.)

I miss some of the WWOEC traditions, too. I had to bring back the Woman Of The Month (which BTW, it's Caitlin from 6Teen this month), so doing a Loli-fest would be a good idea for over here.

Comment

Well, Pookie, you sure got my attention. Thank you.

Comment

I may just be biased towards Lisa and just prefer to bring back her festival, but I do remember that including other girls was a regular complaint almost every single year around Lisafest. Everyone would want a festival for their favorite character, yet no one would ever seem to try and organize one. At least with a loli-fest, then everyone can get involved with their character of choice. But would it really work on a forum with no threads dedicated to images outside of the artist board? Perhaps a gallery dedicated to it on the main TJA site?

But on the other hand, the whole point of Lisa-fest was to inspire new art and stories about her from everyone, including those who did little or nothing of either for her. If there is a Loli-fest, how would it be different for those artists like Incog and Miser D who regularly draw loli-themed works?

Comment

Almost a year, that's... not really something I feel like dwelling on. This might sound selfimportant, but I sometimes wished I had saved the comments from my threads: some of it was really thoughtful stuff.

Just an idea: if we do a loli-fest, could we implement some rule that diversifies the character choices a bit? For example, make each edition about one letter of the alphabet: 1st edition you only get to do characters (actual lolis or lolified characters) whose first name start with A, next edition B and so on. I might force us artists to come up with some of the less obvious choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Madoc View Post
                            Almost a year, that's... not really something I feel like dwelling on. This might sound selfimportant, but I sometimes wished I had saved the comments from my threads: some of it was really thoughtful stuff.
                            Same here: with what it's meant I don't like to think about it too much, especially since so many of my pals haven't resurfaced.

As for the second part though, check your private messages. It's not much (and not as much as it should have been) but, hey, it's something.

Comment

2016 was a long, excruciating year, and I for one won't miss it. Not that 2015 was any picnic (I almost died from an allergic reaction to a plantain, of all fucking things) but it was 1999 compared to the carnival freakshow dumpster fire that was 2016. Again, I won't miss it.

Having said that, I still and will continue to miss WWOEC. Cheesy as this may sound, that place had been part of my life for as long as my son has been alive. Hell, longer now that I think about it.

One tradition I'd love to see make a return are the annual holiday writer's jams. Those were always fun, even if we didn't always finish them. Hopefully these places will one day gain enough momentum for that.
                              Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X