Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

11/6/2010- "76 - Driving Miss Sari"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/6/2010- "76 - Driving Miss Sari"

Heheheh I´ve seen Saris face at the first panel and already had to lol xD I´m always amazed how Jim manages to draw expressions. Also did Manilas breasts get a bit bigger? Or is it just my imagination xD Was just wondering when I looked at the 2nd panel (not that I would dislike it )

About the style experiments, I really love the actual one. I think it´s a great compromise between the details Jim uses to draw and cartoonish style like this comic used to be drawn. Also I´m very happy to hear that there is a chance to get weekly updates again soon

Keep up that great work guys

I like the inks in the new art. The art itself, and how it is inked, is very well done. Sari comes across as a little older than I personally feel she should appear, but taken as-is, she's fine, and is consistent with the new artist's style.

The one thing I don't care for is the muted colors, tending to blue-grey. The muted, blue-tinted look worked fine for being in Sari's room at dawn, with the lights not turned on yet. But today's strip, with them in a car, outdoors, on the way to the mall, should have had more vibrant coloring.

Maybe I am just too used to seeing Sari with bright yellow fur and really red hair. The muted colors make me feel colorblind.

Comment

Her breasts probably looked a bit bigger due to the restraint from the shoulder belt, and the illusion of extra mass brought on by clothing lying atop breasts which are, themselves, covered in fur. Glad you like the style changes! Still working out a few bugs, though...
      Originally posted by GermanBadCat View Post
      Heheheh I´ve seen Saris face at the first panel and already had to lol xD I´m always amazed how Jim manages to draw expressions. Also did Manilas breasts get a bit bigger? Or is it just my imagination xD Was just wondering when I looked at the 2nd panel (not that I would dislike it )

About the style experiments, I really love the actual one. I think it´s a great compromise between the details Jim uses to draw and cartoonish style like this comic used to be drawn. Also I´m very happy to hear that there is a chance to get weekly updates again soon

Keep up that great work guys

Comment

Initially, I was using cross-hatching to indicate shades in the comic, then decided to try adding a few greys. Before too long, the color requirement exceeded the small amount of greys I had set aside for the comic. What I'm actually using on the comic now are the various grey-tinted colors I use in the Caterwaul comic book. The only real difference between the color palettes between the two is that Caterwaul uses vibrant reds (it's a violent comic). But to answer your concern, the colors appear muted because I'm merely using the same palette as my other comic. I tend to reserve the vibrant colors for prints or folio pieces.
        Originally posted by Porter View Post
        I like the inks in the new art. The art itself, and how it is inked, is very well done. Sari comes across as a little older than I personally feel she should appear, but taken as-is, she's fine, and is consistent with the new artist's style.

The one thing I don't care for is the muted colors, tending to blue-grey. The muted, blue-tinted look worked fine for being in Sari's room at dawn, with the lights not turned on yet. But today's strip, with them in a car, outdoors, on the way to the mall, should have had more vibrant coloring.

Maybe I am just too used to seeing Sari with bright yellow fur and really red hair. The muted colors make me feel colorblind.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
          Her breasts probably looked a bit bigger due to the restraint from the shoulder belt, and the illusion of extra mass brought on by clothing lying atop breasts which are, themselves, covered in fur. Glad you like the style changes! Still working out a few bugs, though...
          Glad to know that you enjoy working on the comic. Also I, and a few other noticed the license plate gag you threw in.

Originally posted by GermanBadCat View Post
          Also did Manila's breasts get a bit bigger? Or is it just my imagination xD Was just wondering when I looked at the 2nd panel (not that I would dislike it )
          Ha, I was just wondering that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post

Heheh that totally makes sence And I´m shure you can solve the problems you have (I don´t even see any bugs )

Comment

Is there something wrong with shopping for school girl uniforms? I dont think so =D
              Final Fantasy 7

Comment

THX 1138! I see what you did there!

I agree with the muted colours being less than appealing (especially #75's weird purple/green/orange hues) I kinda wish it were simply black and white with some grey thrown in here and there or something. Seeing Yellow characters as Purple did kinda make me think I'd gone a bit colour-blind myself.

So says the artist with the arguably green/brown squirrel.

Comment

Actually, the license plate wasn't the easter egg. But it IS car related (there's a hint right there). I may have to adjust the color settings on my monitor, as the characters look sort of grey-brown and not so bluish on my screen. If I go back to simple B&W line art, it'll be a lot easier to draw, but won't look very 3-dimensional.
                  Originally posted by Jive Guru View Post
                  THX 1138! I see what you did there!

I agree with the muted colours being less than appealing (especially #75's weird purple/green/orange hues) I kinda wish it were simply black and white with some grey thrown in here and there or something. Seeing Yellow characters as Purple did kinda make me think I'd gone a bit colour-blind myself.

So says the artist with the arguably green/brown squirrel.

Comment

The colors are blueish, but I still think the effect is lovely!

Caution, Spoiler Alert! And for those still wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWea...e_gdata_player

Starring Mr. Barbara Streisand!
                    Last edited by ; 11-10-2010, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikon View Post

OMG movies like that really exist? xD First I thought it was a bad joke xD Still can´t see what it has to do with the easteregg yet (sorry I´m really blind sometimes xD)

EDIT: Just had a closer look at the comic and saw it xD Really great
                      Last edited by ; 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikon View Post

So that's where they got the design for Bender as a car in The Honking. Neat.
                        KS

Comment

I definitely prefer the less purple recolor of #76. Much better to see Sari with yellow fur.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter View Post
                            I definitely prefer the less purple recolor of #76. Much better to see Sari with yellow fur.
                            As do I. It definitely gives off more vibes. Keep up the good work, Jim.

Comment

Working...
                            X