Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Quad species in the CnC world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad species in the CnC world?

Here's a general question.

In the world Cats n Cameras is in, there's quite a few sentient furry species, as well as Humans. But do non-sentient quad species, like horses and dogs, also exist? Do the anthro species have non-sentient 'lesser cousins' that act like normal real-world animals? I'm wondering primarily for the idea of doing a "cowboy / Western" scene for some art, and need to know if all equines would be anthros, or if there might be rideable quad horses.

There was one instance in the official comic of Sarina being distracted by seeing 'cows' as she and Jim were out on a drive along a country road. But we never saw them, so the could just as easily have been anthro cows, 'at work' on a farm, as dairy producers...

The only other quad I've seen indicated was in a guest strip, where Alexia gets a child's pet out of a tree, and it turns out to be a quad... turtle?

During the paintball strips Alexia talks about shooting raccoons... given the circumstances I'm assuming she meant the non-sapient kind. Ergo, there are such critters scurrying about underfoot (or *on* foot if we're talking about horses and all).
    KS

Comment

You're right! I had forgotten that line. Alexa was so apologetic to Thissa when she realized she'd commented about shooting Raccoons, to an anthro Raccoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Porter View Post
        ...they could just as easily have been anthro cows, 'at work' on a farm, as dairy producers...
        This right here could be a basic plot to a very interesting comic in and of itself.

Comment

Ahh the CnC world, a twisted world it is,but alas there are indeed normal cows, and even though we've yet to hit on it, more then likely Normal horses and other small critters running about. Remember, not all species evolved into anthropomorphic beings. Another reason Jim and I work well together is that his worlds, and cnc's worlds run on a similiar principle. You'll get to see more as time permits! Till then!! Great discussion!
          Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Thank you for confirming that, Cheetah! It's always interesting getting to know the quirks and differences of various Furry settings. The genre has so much personal variation to it that it can be difficult at times to jump in with fan art or fan fiction, without first checking on how things work in a particular setting.

Personally, I prefer it where both sentient and non-sentient species variations can coexist. After all, if we can have Humans and various great apes, and if we can have domesticated animals and their feral cousins, why not have a furry girl like Sarina be able to have a pet puppy, or to ride a horse?

Contrast your setting with the one for Krezz Karavan's "School Days" web comic, where Humans do not exist, and the only non-sentient animal life forms are "insects, and maybe small fishes". When writing fan fiction there, I have to be careful not to make references to the characters eating hamburgers, or steaks, or using other animal by-products, unless it can be explained as a vegetable variation, like soy milk, or soy protein meat substitutes. A valid approach, but a little harder to write for.

Comment

This is a great discussion...lots of food for thought too.

-Seth

Comment

Since most of the main cast are carnivores, I always figured they had to eat someone, er, something!

Comment

Working...
                X