Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

06/01/2009 25-Bring Mom to Work Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06/01/2009 25-Bring Mom to Work Day

Sarina's "Hope-tails" makes her look VERY young, and I wonder if Manila or Joyce would have caught on to Jim's 'shot' comment...

Somehow I have a feeling Manila is a good shot. Like, a crack shot even.

-Seth

Comment

Heh, I really wanna know if Manila knows what her daughter is doing at the basement of the CnC store. And I really love to meet new charachers, Joīs mom is looking realley nice, too. And the paintball fight will be fun!

Comment

I must concur - Jo's mom (Joyce?) is SUCH a cutie! I see both she and Jo favor the swept-bang style in the front. Such a cutie!

Interestingly it seems like James is the only one without ear piercings here thus far!

-Seth

Comment

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Jo's Mom's Resemblance to Kristal from the starfox games... minus the color of course

Comment

Originally posted by sethtriggs View Post
            Interestingly it seems like James is the only one without ear piercings here thus far!
            I hadn't noticed Jim's lack or ornamentation. Men wearing piercings seems to have become rather cliche and has lost it's uniqueness IMO. It seems to no longer say "Hey, look at me, I'm different," but rather announce " Hey, look at me, I'm a fad/trend follower" or just plain attention whore. Granted, there are those who try to regain the 'rebel' identity through shear volume of piercings or 'gross-out' factor, or even go to the earlobe stretching hoops I saw in person for the first time locally at my Nephew's High School music program. Even the most comprehensive body implants become 'meh' once the shock value wears off.

Of course, we have no idea what Jim's reasoning for not having ear piercings may be. I would assume it is because Jim doesn't feel the need for them, and would get piercings if he decided it was something HE wants, and not to fit into some fad.

Although I can see why anthropomorphic characters, male and female, would decorate their ears with jewelery, it is a prominent feature of their faces/heads and probably begs to be adorned.
            Last edited by ; 06-03-2009, 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by sethtriggs View Post
              I must concur - Jo's mom (Joyce?) is SUCH a cutie! I see both she and Jo favor the swept-bang style in the front. Such a cutie!

-Seth
              Yeah, she definitel IS cute, but my heart belongs to Manila and Sari.

Comment

Originally posted by sgmaniac1255 View Post
                is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Jo's Mom's Resemblance to Kristal from the starfox games... minus the color of course
                Youīre right! I never really played Starfox but if I remember screenshots I have seen (and some pics of Kristal at Fur Affinity XD) sheīs looking really similar to her!

Comment

to be honest i haven't played the the games with Kristal, only demos at the store and fan made art work, but its just like me to notice things like that.

(on a side note this is a great comic and I'm looking forward to seeing more)

P.S. if this double posted, i apologize in advance, i had a glitch the first time i tried and it didn't come up after i refreshed, so i tried again, sorry

Comment

I hope to see more of the comic, too! Hope weīll have many years with CnC in front of us!!

*looks for second post* No, no second post here!

Comment

No, sorry guys, I'm not seeing a lot of resemblance between Star Fox's Krystal and Joyce. Joyce has a more rounded facial structure and her muzzle is not as sharp as Krystal's. ...but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by bradypodidae View Post
                        No, sorry guys, I'm not seeing a lot of resemblance between Star Fox's Krystal and Joyce. Joyce has a more rounded facial structure and her muzzle is not as sharp as Krystal's. ...but that's just me.
                        Like I already said, Iīve never played the game...

Comment

Originally posted by GermanBadCat View Post
                          Like I already said, I've never played the game...
                          I hope my response did not come off as snide or condescending; if it did, my apologies. I never played the Star Fox games, either, and had to do a Google image search to find examples of Krystal do do a comparison with Joyce. I meant to only offer my friendly assessment.

I do not think Jim expected anyone other than Jo and Sarina to hear his shots in the butt remark. His expression and greeting in the last panel seems to be an attempt at a quick recovery. I wonder which Mom said "Ah-Hum." It seems she wasn't fooled by Jim's double entendre. That made me wonder the same as GermanBlackCat as to just how much Joyce or Manila know about the Trio's relationship and activities in the basement...

Comment

I hope my response did not come off as snide or condescending; if it did, my apologies. I never played the Star Fox games, either, and had to do a Google image search to find examples of Krystal do do a comparison with Joyce. I meant to only offer my friendly assessment.

I do not think Jim expected anyone other than Jo and Sarina to hear his shots in the butt remark. His expression and greeting in the last panel seems to be an attempt at a quick recovery. I wonder which Mom said "Ah-Hum." It seems she wasn't fooled by Jim's double entendre. That made me wonder the same as GermanBlackCat as to just how much Joyce or Manila know about the Trio's relationship and activities in the basement...
                            Nah, donīt worry! Itīs ok. Like you probably already noticed Iīve written a comment at the character discussion thread. But I havenīt got an answer jet... That would really interest me!

Comment

hey, i was just basing my comparison off of a vague mental image so thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X