Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

08/01/2009 34-Insert montage music here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08/01/2009 34-Insert montage music here

Wow! That is a lot to take in! you must of had fun with this one, V.Kyrie. Hows your inking hand?

I'm not sure where to start, so I guess it will be with the last panel. The level of camaraderie being displayed by all members of the staff seems to indicate that Jo's plan to bring the CnC staff closer is rolling in the right direction.
    Last edited by ; 08-01-2009, 12:20 AM. Reason: typos

Song: "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?" by Elvis Costello

It's the best montage song to anything ever. No matter what.

Comment

I clicked to look and "Bodies" came on the playlist... thats my montage song HOO-YEAH!

Comment

ROFL Alexia does a lot of checking of her various body parts, doesn't she?

And Rod...from emo to stud in a heartbeat. Shows that paintball is good for the soul.

Well done on this update!

-Seth

Comment

I'm fairly certain Jo wins, because she is never shown with a splat on her at all.

Also in Panel 6 Alexia seems quite happy.

Comment

Hmmm, never realised what a cute butt Jo has! Heh, and if I look at Rodīs clothes, I would say he lost (but I think he had the most fun!) And yeah, Sari finally got her cup cake! Heheheh, and poor Al, the "most-pain-price" goes definitely to her! xD

Comment

Hrmmm, did Jo get hit at all, or was she the sneaky sniper the entire time? She took her jacket off, so it's hard to tell, really.

And in other news, SARI CAN HAS CUPCAKE HOO-RAY!

Comment

Benny Hill does Paint-ball

Yes, yes, I know; it's old, it's tired, it's cliche, but the first montage song that came to mind when I tried to 'envision' background music for the strip was 'Yakety Sax,' made (in)famous by the Benny Hill Show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Sax
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hill

Comment

i like the pure dedication (or is it lust) in rods eyes as he saves Alexia (and the flag) also noticed that the CO2 tank on thiz's gun wasn't "obscured" this time...

rod also needs to be dual welding in that shot
                  Last edited by ; 08-02-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

music

Ride of the Valkeries comes to mind as I watch Rod the terminator fly to save his sweetheart

Comment

It seems Team Alexia collected more paint than Team Jo. Even Jo wasn't invincible as evident on her jacket in the fourth panel.

And I think poor Rod collected the most. Perhaps he should have gone with a better layering scheme, I don't think the tank top Tee did much to soften the impacts. Did we witness Rod being able to get over his 'stage fright' in front of Alexia in the sixth panel?

Alexia may be able to show off her 'battle scars' for the next week or two, assuming that for the rest of the staff their fur will hide the welts and bruises... and I hope we're there when Alexia displays her trophies. Alexia doesn't seem too embarrassed at flashing a little skin in public places, which is a good thing for us. Unfortunately, I don't think she is anymore the wiser to Rod's feelings toward her. I think it will be up to Rod to be a little more forthcoming with Alexia before the fate or their relationship can be known.

We got to meet Jo's Mom, Joyce. Story arcs involving Jo's family have been hinted at, so I guess we will have to wait and see exactly how 'close' Joyce and Manila's relationship is... I enjoy Joyce's outgoing personality. It contrasts well with Manila's demure demeanor. They make an interesting duo.

I've already commented on Thisisa and Sarina in a different thread, so I will do a quick recap. It will be interesting to see if Thisisa can take a deep breathe before reacting to Sarina's impulsiveness, and can Sarina rein in her enthusiasm around Thisisa knowing it drives Thisisa nuts?

Jim? Well, Jim was Jim. I don't think this story arc was designed to spotlight Jim as much as it was for the other staff members. I'm sure we will get to see Jim in greater depth in other arcs.

The whole adventure seems to be a step in the right direction in Jo's campaign to bring the CnC staff closer together and creating a family atmosphere at work. It will be interesting to see how Jo keeps the momentum rolling in her favor. Again, the victor of today's event? The entire Cats n Cameras crew.

Go Team CnC! *Brock rolls his eyes and sighs*
                      Last edited by ; 08-02-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: typos, as usual

Comment

Working...
                      X