Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

3/20/2010 - 62 - I knew you where kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/20/2010 - 62 - I knew you where kidding

So, the second CnC strip with Zeroseven as the new artist. I liked it...a lot. Sari looks as cute as ever, and I didn't know she was a gamer. So, your thoughts?

*Thumbs up* YOSH!

AHEM... I'm liking this!

Comment

A toast!

Zeroseven, I herby propose a toast to you and your wonderful rendition of Jim and Sari. You captured their characters wonderfully. I KNEW from the beginning that Our Great Lady Kyrie had chosen a worthy successor.
      -Passes around champaigne glasses and raises my own-
      To Zeroseven, the latest member of the CnC team, and their success in the strips to come. May the annals of webcomic history remember this day as one of the finest Passing of the Brush in history.

Comment

Heeeeee, Sari is so cute! ROFL Love the tagline at the end. Well done, well done I say. And the art, as I suspected, is great. Keep it up!

-Seth

Comment

An excellent start!
          KS

Comment

Shame on us for ever doubting! This is an awesome beginning to a new artist's reign! Now if only it were in color, considering Zero's incredible skills with that! What! He's got a whole week to do these!

Comment

I think we're coming along pretty well, I have no doubt zero will pick up on the characters more as time progresses, I mean this was just sorta dropped on him, and he's doing an awesome job at it so far
              Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Thanks guys for the great reception of the first real strip. I'm still learning the ins and out of creating the comic, but practice makes perfect. And just the first strip gave me alot of it, but then again I did redraw it almost 3 times before I was happy with the result. Hopefully I won't need to do that with the upcoming comics.
                - This spot reserved for a witty and intelligent remark -

Comment

This .... sucked far less that I was expecting. In fact, it was pretty darn good Zero! It has to be a real pain to try to step into another artist's established style and characters. As far as the characters are concerned, the main thing that's off to me is Jim's relative size to Sari (yes, I know that keeping characters of rather different scales "on model" relative to each other is a lot harder than most would think - but I'm just saying).

The Sari that we know and love came thru very well in panels 2 and 3 (especially 3) -- and you did a good job with the atypical Sari expressions in 1 and especially 4.

My main complaint about the strip would be about panel 4 - it's totally out of place in the physical flow and movement of the strip. Panel 4 is physically like panels 2 and 3 never existed, yet the dialog is an immediate continuation of panel 3 -- it would make far more sense for Sari to simply sit up on Jim to put her game face and posture on for panel 4.

All in all though, a great beginning to a new chapter!

Comment

Heheheh very nice! I have to agree with the others, Zero is doing a great job!! And seriously, that is the first "real" comic strip of Zero and it looks absolutely awesome! (I hoped to see more "driving-school trouble" though but thatīs Cheetahs fault )

Comment

I agree with Reddrawf. I'm not very fond of Jim's look either. But like others have said, going to one artist to another so quickly is definitely not going to be perfect. Plus add on a deadline and it's even harder.

I know it's not a huge deal but is there any idea how long it's been since this page and since rod and thisia left? I know it might not have been that long story wise but I don't remember Sari planning on going to driving school. *shrug* Just feels like it's totally different now.

Oh well, just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X