Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Experiences with Enty (the "Japanese Patreon")?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Enty (the "Japanese Patreon")?

Hi guys. Well, I've talked about this before in my own thread, but I finally opened an account with Enty, which is kind of Patreon's Japanese counterpart for online artists (you can find me here: https://enty.jp/en/Madoc). Ok, well, I'm not really here to shill that. I just wanted to share some of my own experiences in dealing with the site, as information for other creators who might be interested, or to hear from other creators who already had some experiences. In general, my thoughts are this:

1. Don't expect too much success or revenue. it's clearly not as well known or established as Patreon is, and the idea is fairly new to the Japanese. Even the Japanese creators aren't making anything big at the moment, so keep you're ambitions down to the occassional tip. I mainly decided to use the service as an alternative for those who speak Japanese instead of English, or those who don't like Patreon. Also, simply to have at least some backup if ever Patreon gets too uptight about NSFW stuff or anything else goes wrong;

2. Have translation software ready. There are rudimentary pages for setting up an account, editing your page, and there's a short FAQ, but whole portions of the site even on the supposedly English pages, are still only in Japanese. If you address questions to the administrators, it's best to do it in Japanese as well. Google Translate (or similar) is your friend.

3. Be aware that the payouts are made as direct bank transfers.

4. Also, and this may surprise you, be aware that the restrictions for the adult content that can be posted on their own site, are actually more restrictive than those of Patreon. Yes, Japan is not as "anything goes" as you might imagine. The same rules for beastiality, incest and loli apply, and yes, you do have to make sure the genitals in your pictures have mosaic censoring or something similar. Oh, and those rules are only written in Japanese, even on the English pages. Handy, that...

So, is it worth it. No idea at this time to be honest, but it's a venue to be explored. You're at least addressing a completely different audience.

Hello Madoc. Maybe try Fantia.jp . It uses automatic translation integrated with the website, so it isnt too hard to navigate. It seems to allow a bit more than enty.jp. I don't know what the full extent is, but its probably best to browse around some. Yes, mosiac all genitals. It also pays by bank transfer.

Comment

Thanks CaramelTheCalf. As an extra FYI for all artist: I've also exchanged some messages with the administrators at Pixiv obout their Pixiv Fanbox (which at this time doesn't allow for payouts to NSFW artist unless you have a bank account in Japan) and they replied they are looking into alternative payment systems for the future.

Comment

Looks interesting. I may delete my Patreon and get this Japanese account instead.

Comment

Working...
        X