Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Forum Downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Downtime

Sorry for the downtime, had a SATA controller die in one of the external SQL servers, We're going to be moving that VM to the "new" machines, and finally retiring the older machines that where left overs of our past. once those two machines are out of the rack, I'll save up and pick up a 1u Synology Nas to try and prevent this type of potential data loss again. Normally the older machines (as with the new machines) mirrored themselves, sadly we lost the older pairs mirrored server in a Data Center move , and the existing one finally through an E1000 thanks DELL! Anyway the one that DIED is actually the one we're on as I put in an replacement SATA controller, and we'll be getting EVERYTHING off of that machine.. Basically all it did was menial BS and the external SQL stuff for a few things like the forum.. Either case.. it's up. May go back down when we move the VM , but then it'll be back up again..
    Cheetah - TJA Productions

Well....at least it wasent a perminate loss....and here I thought you were going to remove the forums altogether due to its lack of community....course....just because nobody posts dosent mean they don't look around the galleries. the PaL forums always seems to have about 5 pages of -Guests- at a given moment.... maybe less now since our own Log-in issues.....btw, Ive added a 3rd Donation in my signatures for your Accident. Ive decided to dub it the Hit and Run Fund. Diden't give anyone too many details about what happen. (I had my reasons)

Comment

So...noticed the forums went down again. Not REALLY sure what I should tell the peeps back at PaL here. Id think it would be no point in telling them anything new if this is going to be an intermittent problem. like if I said it was back...then the people try and it fails then they call me a liar.
      You DID say something to the effect some maintance would be done about this (This one being hard to ignore or put off) so maybe its all behind us now?

Comment

Originally posted by Xentuu View Post
        So...noticed the forums went down again. Not REALLY sure what I should tell the peeps back at PaL here. Id think it would be no point in telling them anything new if this is going to be an intermittent problem. like if I said it was back...then the people try and it fails then they call me a liar.
        You DID say something to the effect some maintance would be done about this (This one being hard to ignore or put off) so maybe its all behind us now?
        Well, we're not finally running the most up to date version of MariaDB versus and End of Life MySQl that was preventing cPanel from updating.. Now that's also the most up-to-date.. Still need to move the VM that the forum DB is on , or just move the DB back to this VM, but all should be good soon enough
        Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Well, lets hope so. Not to be crass here....but with that damnable Cronovirus going around theres going to be alot of people shut-in for better or worse. As much of a loner Ive been my whole life....even I cannot garentee I won't catch this. (knocking on wood) So....with more people shut in....there might be more people to come here for....Ahem...Comfort. that reminds me. You might want to do a bit more to take care of yourself. Id say to get a lawyer for your medical troubles, but somehow.....I think I might know why you have not pursued that option. ...Unless you have in which case I'm spouting nonsense :P

Comment

Working...
          X