Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Incubus, speaking of consoles, months ago, I notice the shifts are turning towards the PC, other than Virtual Reality. The thing I know PC rules are because other than being a tool for both work & play, internet too. But most important being easy access to even more powerful GPUs, you can overclock, install liquid cooling, and more importantly, infamous death screens don't occur easily from overheating.

Peter Molyneux, I remember that guy, used to work in Bullfrog. Damn EA! I remember the Dungeon Keeper games, great times with 1 & 2, just not the mobile version of course. So yeah, I did play the successor from Kickstarter's War for the Overworld instead.
    Last edited by ; 03-08-2016, 01:09 PM. Reason: Make some adjustments on death screen

Comment

Tell me you didn't just claim that PC's don't have death screens.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by IIHTARW; 03-08-2016, 01:04 PM.
      Terra Branford sez.
      It's springtime why not have a picnic in my grassy meadow.

Comment

I cannot say there's no death screens. It can only occur but rarely, most consoles I know they'll only fail when the hardware is overheating. PCs don't suffer that easily (except in some software cases), unless if your GPU is so powerful but your cooling is nothing but a simple fan, then it prone to overheating. And of course, more powerful GPU or 2-GPU via SLI also require a lot of power from the PSU, if your PSU isn't high enough, it will cause the computer to freeze or auto-shutdown.
        Last edited by ; 03-08-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

athttp://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/08/nintendo-shows-super-mario-makers-6-new-updates/

Good thing Super Expert is only 6 levels long. Otherwise we'll be dropping F-bombs and flinging fecal matter everywhere.
          "All the dinosaurs fear the T-Rex!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Katie View Post
            Well, the Fable games may not have been the runaway billion dollar Zelda-killing hit that Microsoft wanted it to be, but it was still a first-party IP in their hands. With it gone, what does Microsoft have now besides Halo? They've got Gears of War, which they're just sitting on and the creator is no longer part of the team. They got most of Rare's old properties, but outside Nuts and Bolts and the Rare Classics Collection they're doing fuck all with any of them. So...yeah. What's that leave them with?
            Rare.

And you can bet that they're gonna work their asses ragged to stack Xbox's First Party lineup again. If Sea of Thieves is successful, they're gonna get the green light for almost everything.

Comment

To the creators of Mario Maker Super Expert Levels:

EAT A THOUSAND WHALE SMEGMAS, YOU SADISTIC LITTLE SHITS! >
              "All the dinosaurs fear the T-Rex!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jayrich View Post
                Rare.

And you can bet that they're gonna work their asses ragged to stack Xbox's First Party lineup again. If Sea of Thieves is successful, they're gonna get the green light for almost everything.

Rare? You mean these people who turned one of their beloved characters from the N64 days into this godawful monstrosity that's now universally hated? Like I said shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

1. That's basically a demo for a device that'll be the Kinect 3.0

2. Rare had no hand in that decision.

3. The game isn't even CLOSE to release yet, and you think Microsoft's gonna stay the course after hearing this bad press about it? They're not stupid.

Comment

This looks so weird.
                    http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/09/3d...3d-nightmares/

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretlord View Post
                      Saw that one, it is weird. 2D in a 3D environment, I still can feel the sense of flatness, maybe it's because of the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowghost View Post
                        Saw that one, it is weird. 2D in a 3D environment, I still can feel the sense of flatness, maybe it's because of the graphics.
                        I think that's it. It doesn't look like true 3D, as more like boxes casting a shadow.

Comment

So yesterday my husband and I visited a friend and we put some hours into his copy of The Division. There's really only one word to describe it, as overused and over-quoted this may be.

Basically, it's like Destiny. An always-online multi-player focused shooter with an emphasis on loot-gathering, and about as equally over-blown and over-hyped. Only whereas Destiny at least had impressive skyboxes and pretty environments, The Division has you running down the same hallways of the same gray and brown ruined cities that countless other games before it have. And outside of killing dudes, there's really not much to do in the game. Seriously, the game feels more dead and empty than Fallout 3; a game that was designed to feel dead and empty!

Basically what I'm saying is save your money.
                          Last edited by Nurse Katie; 03-13-2016, 09:25 PM.
                          Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Katie View Post
                            So yesterday my husband and I visited a friend and we put some hours into his copy of The Division. There's really only one word to describe it, as overused and over-quoted this may be.

Basically, it's like Destiny. An always-online multi-player focused shooter with an emphasis on loot-gathering, and about as equally over-blown and over-hyped. Only whereas Destiny at least had impressive skyboxes and pretty environments, The Division has you running down the same hallways of the same gray and brown ruined cities that countless other games before it have. And outside of killing dudes, there's really not much to do in the game. Seriously, the game feels more dead and empty than Fallout 3; a game that was designed to feel dead and empty!

Basically what I'm saying is save your money.
                            Considering I already got a copy of Destiny, I'll be doing just that.

Hate to say it though, but this won't be the last of the "MMOFPS" genre. Destiny was a unique venture, even with its flaws, and UbiSoft is already trumpeting the success of the Division, so more clones are definitely on the way...including one from EA.

Although I'll say this, it might set the Guinness World Record for most microtransactions one Publisher can fit in a single video game.

Comment

Free-to-Play, since the introduction of that genre, it's a common trend the gaming industry adopts. Still vulnerable to hackers, but then again, updated games also tend to be inconsistent by hackers too, making it hard to update unless willing to play the game from scratch, I encounter that issue since Cut The Rope 2, modded edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayrich View Post
                                Considering I already got a copy of Destiny, I'll be doing just that.

Hate to say it though, but this won't be the last of the "MMOFPS" genre. Destiny was a unique venture, even with its flaws, and UbiSoft is already trumpeting the success of the Division, so more clones are definitely on the way...including one from EA.

Although I'll say this, it might set the Guinness World Record for most microtransactions one Publisher can fit in a single video game.
                                Of course they are. They already announced Titanfall 2, and it's first two promises were A. an actual story, and B. improved mechanics similar to "Destiny."

Comment

Working...
                                X