Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Baseball !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball !

The Boys(?) of Summer are back. Now this is funny. I get post game alerts for my favorite team, the one in the Bronx, But only after the regular season begins so I was surprised when I found one in my e-mails today. I opened and it should the score was 14-4 with the Yankees the winner. But then I looked at who they played and the winning pitcher and I was floored. They had played the St.Louis Browns in Sportsmens Park and the winning pitcher was Waite Hoyt! Waite Hoyt was part of the great Yankee teams of the late 20s and early 30s of the last century. Either this was a late April Fools' joke or something weird was taking place

Not really a baseball fan myself (Mainly football and wrestling). But there is a rare occurrence when I do watch, such as last year when I was going for the Cubs in the NLCS because it was 2015, the year Back To The Future Part II predicted they would win the World Series. When that fell through courtesy of the Mets, I backed Montecarlo87 and picked his team (Royals) to win it all, which thankfully they did.
    My 3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Omega Ruby): 5155-3940-2343 (Shiny Pokémon wanted.)

My DeviantArt Page: prfctcellrulz.deviantart.com (Follow me on Twitter @Prfctcellrulz)

Comment

Wow ! The Browns, who later became the Baltimore Orioles. I got a couple of '52 Topps cards of John Berardino who ended up playing a Doctor on a soap opera for a few years until he passed away a few years ago.

Trivia of the day : Who is the ONLY team in MLB history to open at home every year no matter what ?
      Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rogermaris9 View Post
        Wow ! The Browns, who later became the Baltimore Orioles. I got a couple of '52 Topps cards of John Berardino who ended up playing a Doctor on a soap opera for a few years until he passed away a few years ago.

Trivia of the day : Who is the ONLY team in MLB history to open at home every year no matter what ?
        2 months later...

So... What's the answer?

Comment

Oh....the Cincinnati Reds. The first Professional team in organized baseball.. Chartered in 1876.
          Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

I didn't use to be one for sport, but I recently started to bet on baseball (with a few other sports). The results have been... profitable.

Comment

Fantasy Sports? Glad you are "winning"!

Comment

Working...
              X