Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Questions, Comments and Quandries

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions, Comments and Quandries

Hey all, just opening up a section for questions and that sort of thing.

If you have a question, I have an answer! - Even if I don't!!

Suggestions are also welcome, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'll do everything that's suggested.

"I am job"

Me have question :P

Just wondering, do ya ever go on yahoo anymore? I myself hardly go on now days, but when I have you never seem to be around any particular reason bro?

Also... how did ya come up with that purty scarlet chicky... hmm?! I must know and how!!! lol

Comment

Well, I use Trillian to access Yahoo, and I found that after I have it open for a little while it starts negatively affecting various things on my computer and just generally slowing me down. (not to mention sometimes it'll give me an outright "error" pop-up and I'll be forced to shut it down.)

I tend to use MSN most often, but not all the time.

As for Scarlet's creation...

I knew about furry characters for a long time prior to trying my own hand at creating any characters of my own.
      I wasn't exactly inspired to do so in fact, until I decided one day to enter into a Mascot drawing contest here on TJA. This was back before the days of Josephine.

Well, I placed fairly well in the contest (1st place in the "G" category) and that was that.
      Around that same time I began developing a few test characters of my own, most of which were crap until I came upon a design for a Squirrel character.

She was light brownish with bright pink and purple coloured hair. If you look through my "show-off" thread I'm fairly certain the very picture is in there somewhere.
      Anyway, I wasn't a fan of the colouring and so I swapped in the colours of another character I had drawn which I liked better - thus creating the red-headed Squirrel we all know today.
      The name came easy enough, I basically ran through words that meant "Red" until I Scarlet stuck, it didn't take long.

Despite this, I basically forgot about the character for awhile as I moved onto other things, however TJA some time afterwards began this forum.
      I joined up and initially I was suprised that I was remembered at all. (Cheetah sent me a PM after I joined which I thought was nice of him saying he remembered me from the contest.)
      I stuck around mainly sticking to the original videogames thread as well as the art sections.

I was thinking of something to use for an avatar when I came across Scarlet again on my computer, so I stuck a pic of her in there not thinking anything of it and soon afterwards I started getting comments like "Hey she's cool!" I think Joe Randel was actually the first one to say anything.

Shortly after that I started my "Simply Scarlet" thread in the Show-Off section which has to this day become the biggest thread on the whole Forum.

It's been a long time and Scarlet's been through a few refinements and alterations, but I think she'll be around a long time yet to come.

And so that is the story....

Good night folks!

Comment

ah, a lovely walk down memory lane, heres to the good old days! hmm, no wonder i never see you on aim anymore Jive-o, you use msn, of which i have no clue what your user is.
        Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Well, you could use the MSN contact link in my profile, or you could use my e-mail to locate me.

Comment

Jive just a quick question erm on CafePress im gonna get a Custom Journal during the summer and wondered if it be ok if i used Scarlet

here a preview

i will remove it if you say so just had to ask for your premission because she is your property
            Last edited by ; 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I quite honestly don't think that pictures anywhere near a high enough DPI to have cafe press do anything with it. they'd need something in the realm of 300 DPI plus, to print it on anything... which is why most images on the net and tja are 72 DPI. for just that reason of them NOT being printable
              Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Cheetah's right.
                The DPI count on that particular picture is only about 37.8

It most likely wouldn't turn out very well as is.

I wouldn't be against the idea if it's just a personal thing for yourself, I could theoretically create a 300 DPI version of that picture if you still wanted to go ahead with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jive Guru
                  Cheetah's right.
                  The DPI count on that particular picture is only about 37.8

It most likely wouldn't turn out very well as is.

I wouldn't be against the idea if it's just a personal thing for yourself, I could theoretically create a 300 DPI version of that picture if you still wanted to go ahead with it.
                  sure thank you Jive Guru only if you wants to cause you can just take your time do it only when you feel like it im not rushing you. You were right about the DPI Cheetah and Jive Guru
                  Code:
                  Journal 
                  Scribble important stuff - lyrics, recipes, addresses, and more. Our Wire-O bound, 160 page journal is unlined and measures 5" x 8", a handy on-the-go size to fit in your backpack. Go creative and let the muse flow. 

Back cover made of thin black flexible textured plastic, measures 16/1000" thick 
                  Front cover made of 12pt glossy paper, coated for scratch resistance 
                  Filled with 60lb bookweight (24 lb bond) blank paper - NO LINES

More Information 

Base Price: $7.49 each 
                  Image Sizes:
                  5 x 8in.
                  Full Bleed: 5.5 x 8.5 in. 
                  Image DPI: 150-300 (200 recommended)
                  sorry if its long just had to point out you 2 were right XD

Comment

Working...
                  X