Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

Ringing In The New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringing In The New Year

Salutations, fellow writers and readers! everyone enjoying their holidays? I'm new to this forum. well, to POSTING on it, anyway. so, I thought I'd start myself off with this short scenario I came up with in the spirit of the upcoming event known as New Year's Eve. yes, a whole day early, I know, but I want to get it up here while it's still fresh in my mind. so, without further ado, here's Ringing In The New Year.

A young man stands in a bar, his back against the wall. it's quite crowded, but that's normal for New Year's Eve. in his hand is a bottle of beer. he's not really in a drinking mood. it just seemed appropriate to have something to raise when midnight arrived.

he looks at his watch. 12:57. he scans the crowd. he's been doing this since 12:45, hoping to find the reason he came here tonight in the first place. then, he sees it.

she's on the far side, talking with a group of friends. they might be, anyway. she's tends to talk to anyone, really. even strangers. in fact, that's how he'd met her.

he had been sitting at the bar a couple of months ago, silently drinking his beer, when the stool next to him had suddenly become occupied by a young woman. she was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. and she was talking to him with the familiarity of an old friend. at first he was unnerved b this. was she real? was she trying to weasel money out of him? eventually, he learned she was like this with everyone, and began chatting with her in kind.

she's still as beautiful and outgoing as then, he thinks to himself. he, however, is still too timid to to actually ask her out. that will change tonight, he tells himself. tonight at midnight, he plans to do what every couple does on this occasion.

he looks back over, and realizes she's gone again. he remembers that she does that often, as well. can't seem to stay in one spot for more than five minutes.

again, he looks at his watch. 12:59. he looks around quickly, trying to find her again. he does, but as he starts making his way over, she's gone. cursing silently, he searches again. she's there. now she's there. now she's way over THERE.

"5!" the countdown has started. he's still frantically searching for her. where could she be?

"4!" he leans back against the wall, calming himself. maybe at the last moment he'll spot her, he tells himself hopefully.

"3!" he continues searching. he's starting to lose hope.

"2!" maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

"1!" he shuts his eyes, hoping to see her when he opens them.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" his opens his eyes. everyone is lifting their drinks, embracing. couples are kissing. and she's nowhere to be found.

he exhales and holds up his bottle with the rest of them. he finishes it off, grabs his coat and walks out into the snow. he looks up at the sky, large flakes still falling. 'figures.' he says aloud, not talking about the snow.

he hears his name called beind him. he turns and is immediately locked in a tight embrace, a set of lips pressed against his. at first he's stunned. then, he returns the sentiment in kind.

he'll never know just how long it lasted. it could have been minutes, hours, even just seconds, for all he knew. he just knows he doesn't want it to end.

when they finally part, he's unsure of what to say. before he even can, she speaks: 'Happy New Year!' she turns and runs back inside.

a few seconds later, he grins broadly, humming Auld Lang Sine as he walks home.

alright! I hope you enjoyed this little bit of writing! again, I know ii's early, but I wanted it up anyway so that people could have time to read it ON New Year's Eve. anyways, leave some comments, lemme know if you liked it, or thought it was too cheesy, and enjoy your OWN New Year! LATAHZ!
Working...
X