Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

CnC Contest entries posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CnC Contest entries posted!

Hey guys and gals, I've just posted the CnC Drawing contest entries, let me know what your favorites are! I'll be posting the judging results on or before the 15th , See you Saturday with the next comic..

http://www.jabarchives.com/cnccontest/entries.htm <-- Entries

Cheetah
    Cheetah - TJA Productions

Whew! Poor judges, I don't envy them! Really fantastic art by everyone!

Comment

not sure if I get permabanned for guessing, but if I was a judge, hmm...

G through PG 13 Category (REALLY tough category)
      1st - greycat
      2nd - tie between Seth, and Porter 1&2
      3rd - tie between Rita and Hades

R Category
      1st - Poland (natch!)
      2nd - Ach
      3rd - Porter

X through XXX Category (another tough one)
      1st - tie between Evilchibi and blackberry
      2nd - Erikon
      3rd - tie between Trevor and Seth

with honorable mention to that guy Lonewulf for the humor category

Comment

Missing Entry

Uh, are you sure that is all of them? I submitted an entry at around 2200 on Dec. 31, and I received the following email confirmation of the entry.

"Thank you for submitting to the TJA/CnC contest , you are receiving this letter to confirm that we received your email to the contest address. Thanks for participating!" But I don't see mine up there.

Please tell me you simply missed it in entry roundup!

Comment

What I sent to CNC:

these are some sketches I did. Not sure if they are contest worthy. I don't have a style of my own, but I'm a fair imitator-artist (more a hobbyist). I tried to add my own little touches here and there. I hope everyone likes them.

The first I tried to draw my own poses, using foreshortening where possible (sort of looked more like I ran out of room on the paper. heh). I focused more on Jim in the first one which upset Jo.

So I did a second one focused on her, then added Sarina as an afterthought, but Jim and Sari were looking rather small headed, I tried redrawing Jim having a larger head but it wasn't as nice as the original.
          So instead of ruining Sari's head too I just called it quits and decided to submit them.
          You can see a outline of how big I thought Sari's head should be on the second one.
          Wasn't happy with how I drew Sari's shoulders and the proportions of Jim's forearms.
          ~Wulf
          -------------------
          As far as I'm concerned, I came in first, second and third, because I had fun doing it!
          Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Wii1110 View Post
            I submitted an entry at around 2200 on Dec. 31, and I received the following email confirmation of the entry.
            I'm not a mod or nothing, but what time zone are you in? I mean, midnight is 24 hours long depending what part of the world you are in. I think they were basing it on EST zone...

...we received your email to the contest address...
            I got the same thing, and it sounds automated. note that it said that it was received at the internet "address", not that it was received (by a person) who said you got it in time for the contest...

:shrugs: my guess is you didn't make it in time?

Comment

Yeah, that is a possibility, although it wasn't until later that Cheetah posted "Introducing Jessibel", saying that it officially closed. I'll just await his response (I sent him a message directly afterward. I'm new, so I didn't think to do that first :P )

Comment

I was kinda hoping more people would do pics featuring Joyce.

*shrugs*

In any event, I enjoyed the opportunity to try my hand at a different body type for a change.
                KS

Comment

Even if it doesn't end up getting judged, here was my entry:

CnC_Contest_Entry.jpg

Comment

well good luck and maybe it was just dropped?

Don't worry about being a newbie. I am one of the most senior newbies around here and still get things wrong. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoyed making your entry for the contest as much as I did.

If you didn't make it before the deadline, maybe you can make up a visiting artist thread, and post it there? I'm curious to see your work now!

Comment

... and yes, Lonewulf, I did enjoy making it. I am an amateur artist, so it ended up taking me a few days to complete (or around 24+ solid hours from sketch to final).

Comment

... and one more thing before I log off for now.

Lonewulf, you might want to include the sketches you mentioned. I'd like to see them

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewulf View Post
                          I think they were basing it on EST zone...

:shrugs: my guess is you didn't make it in time?
                          It just hit me... I am in the EST! :P

So if they did use that zone, and I had the date right (it was due on the 31st, right?) then it would be some other reason.

Comment

Lonewulf, you might want to include the sketches you mentioned. I'd like to see them
                            Actually, I submitted my sketches to the contest. (see wulf 1 & 2

... and yes, Lonewulf, I did enjoy making it. I am an amateur artist, so it ended up taking me a few days to complete (or around 24+ solid hours from sketch to final).
                            Awesome to hear!
                            Well, you are always an amateur until someone pays you for your work. My sketches took about a total of 3-4 hours for the first one and about 5-6 hours for the second one. Though in actuality, I almost finished both in one day, but went back to work on the second one again two more days (work on it for an hour, put it to the side and back again another day for an hour).

I saw your posted picture about 2 seconds after I posted my last reply. It shows a lot of thought and imagination in it.
                            Another thought why your picture wasn't listed is that I think you didn't make your membership here until after January 1, right? It shows your join date as being January 2011.
                            If you didnt have a member file then there would be no way for them to "attach" your sketches to a name. There might have been an "age verify" issue also before they were willing to post work from any artist.

So when did you make up your member profile?

Comment

Wow, some very good entries in the contest. The judges will have a hard time making their choices on some of those.

Best of luck to all who entered, and Wii, I do hope they get your entry straightened out. I'm glad you shared it with us here, at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X