Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

J I V E - T A L K I N '

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey All

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated this particular thread. Oops!

Well, I'm going to TRY and integrate myself back into the fold around here, not that I left, but I've been watching for awhile now.

Unfortunately, I have no new art to post as I haven't been drawing much for awhile now. last thing I was working on was my Princess Heart picture and how long ago did I post that in my gallery?

Anyway, gonna be participating again around here, probably gonna start with talking about CnC as they come out and see where that goes.

SEE YA AROUND!

Comment

Welcome back Mr. Jive... hey apparently I lost you on MSN, so if you could drop me a ling on there it's be great.. MSN had a Error... go figure it's got MS... in the title.
      Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Hey all

Just adding that you can contact me on the Playstation Network by looking up my name on your PS3s out there which would be:

JiveGuru

Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Jive Guru View Post
          Hey all

Just adding that you can contact me on the Playstation Network by looking up my name on your PS3s out there which would be:
          Yeah, I´ll do that when I bought a switch. I have just one internet cable and I need it for my laptop (can´t live without FA and this forum )

Comment

ARGH!

Hey people. Well, as of right now my computer is in the midst of it's long slow death cycle. I think anyhow. It keeps randomly freezing up on me and so I'm pretty much of the mind to simply buy a newer one. It's been a good 4-5 years now anyhow.

Heck I'm writing this on my PS3, thank god I have that mini keyboard. Haha.

Anyhow, if I'm not around as much for awhile at least you'll know why.

Comment

have you tried backing up your valuable data, and doing a clean install of your OS? I don't know what OS you are using, but windows can get quite slow and unresponsive after some years.
              - This spot reserved for a witty and intelligent remark -

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroSeven View Post
                windows can get quite slow and unresponsive after some years.
                Got a windows 98 machine in the house that runs as fast as the day my dad got it. Just got a keep a machine clean and under good maintenance (like a good car) is all .

Sorry to hear about your predicament Jive. Hope it lasts long enough for you to manage to scrounge up cash for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jive Guru View Post
                  ARGH!

Hey people. Well, as of right now my computer is in the midst of it's long slow death cycle. I think anyhow. It keeps randomly freezing up on me and so I'm pretty much of the mind to simply buy a newer one. It's been a good 4-5 years now anyhow.

Heck I'm writing this on my PS3, thank god I have that mini keyboard. Haha.

Anyhow, if I'm not around as much for awhile at least you'll know why.
                  Have you done all the normal first step troubleshooting? Virus scanner/Adware scanning? And what kind of freeze is it doing? is it the Blue screen, does it go black, or does it freeze the image on the screen?

Comment

What type of freezing occurs?

Well, the computer becomes completly unresponsive, the screen just freezes. However the mouse can still be moved around, but can't click anything. I also noticed that the clock still moves, but everything else stops. Can't even Cnrl+Alt+Del

The weird part is the randomness of it. Sometimes it'll stop rght away, other times it will last a few hours, although I think the longest I've gotten it to run is about 2 1/2 hours before stopping. A bit to short to run a scan... which I have attempted and it froze 5 mi utes into it.

Anyhow... yeah.

I'm fairly certain it could be an easy fix, however I'm not sure how to go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by spydermonkey View Post
                      Got a windows 98 machine in the house that runs as fast as the day my dad got it. Just got a keep a machine clean and under good maintenance (like a good car) is all .

Sorry to hear about your predicament Jive. Hope it lasts long enough for you to manage to scrounge up cash for a new one.
                      That's true good maintenance can keep most systems running without major problems. But still most systems don't really get that type of maintenance.
                      - This spot reserved for a witty and intelligent remark -

Comment

excuse me for what might seem an insignificant question Jive but, if you are using a desktop, when was the last time you've opened it up and vacuumed the dust out of it?

Comment

ummm.... approximately never.

is that a problem? lol

Comment

Acctually yes, and I highly recommend you do it, even if you go by a can of canned air... open the case and blow our the board, fans , heat sinks, power supply, anything with a lot of dust. Over heating will cause ALL of that.
                            Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                              Over heating will cause ALL of that.
                              Thnkyou cheetah!
                              I may be only so old, but i've been fixn CPU's since I was 11 and have seen my fair share of haywire machines that were fixed with a simple cleaning. and UGH! The dust in them were just caked onto everything! terribly gross..

Dust is not only just a insulator but it is also known to conduct electricity, enough that it could possibly short out a system. So clean out that system and just maybe you'll get another couple months out of it.

Comment

What I hate is the like baked on dust that even air wont blow off.
                                Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Working...
                                X