Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

J I V E - T A L K I N '

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jive Guru View Post
    What type of freezing occurs?

Well, the computer becomes completly unresponsive, the screen just freezes. However the mouse can still be moved around, but can't click anything. I also noticed that the clock still moves, but everything else stops. Can't even Cnrl+Alt+Del

The weird part is the randomness of it. Sometimes it'll stop rght away, other times it will last a few hours, although I think the longest I've gotten it to run is about 2 1/2 hours before stopping. A bit to short to run a scan... which I have attempted and it froze 5 mi utes into it.

Anyhow... yeah.

I'm fairly certain it could be an easy fix, however I'm not sure how to go about it.
    The Randomness of it could mean heat for sure, since heat can vary depending on the room tempeture to start. So i'd start with trying the cleaning others have suggested.. if that doesn't work, try reinstalling your OS, What you describe definally sounds like the windows explorer process(if your using windows) is the thing freezing up. So it's possible it's been corrupted in some way. But ya, start with the cleaning. Also, pay real close attention to your computers sound, listen carefully to see if the Fan(s) are still going, if one of those has stopped, it can cause the same kind of problem with overheating.

Comment

Update: I'm lazy and I've yet to clean out my computer dust... I still don't think that's the problem though as it was a very sudden problem when it started.

Heck, I haven't even bothered turning it on in a week. I'm almost getting used to using my PS3 for everything.

Comment

The way heat can mess with things is weird.. since stuff has a bit of a threshold before it really causes problems. Or maybe vibration knocks a bit of it from one part to another just enough to screw with it. I'd suggest doing it, if only to Rule it out.

Comment

Okay people, it's time again to talk some Jive - with me, Jive!

How have all been?

I'm still computerless, but thats okay. I`m practically used to this PS3 thingimadoo now.
          Anyway this weekend in Canada it`s Thanksgiving, so yay, Turkey! and soon it will be Halloween too, I guess I should be stocking up on candy for the kiddies, not that many come by this street... maybe just 30-50 or so. Just one street over from here can easily get double that, but there is a school taking upa whole block on my street and they don`t bother wasting their time coming up here.

uh... anything else? My birthday is coming up next month, but it's probably too early to bother wth that yet.

Hmm... Uncharted 2 is gonna be awesome, can't wait for it to come out, and Transformers 2 on Bluray WOO!

Welp I've rambled on enough for now, and no art to share either... so speak at you later all you Jive Turkeys out there!

Mmm.... Turkey.

Comment

I'm still computerless, but thats okay. I`m practically used to this PS3 thingimadoo now.
            Can you do your art stuff on the PS3 though?

Anyway this weekend in Canada it`s Thanksgiving, so yay, Turkey! and soon it will be Halloween too, I guess I should be stocking up on candy for the kiddies, not that many come by this street... maybe just 30-50 or so. Just one street over from here can easily get double that, but there is a school taking upa whole block on my street and they don`t bother wasting their time coming up here.
            Ahh, ya i guess it is Thanksgiving this weekend.. Still not sure where i'm having dinner, this year has been disorginized to say the least. lol

Halloween.. don't remind me.. i usually get stuck handing out the candy.

uh... anything else? My birthday is coming up next month, but it's probably too early to bother wth that yet.
            Pre-emptive happy birthday to you then..:P

Comment

I´m okay, just a little jobless at the moment. And turkey sounds great!
              And cool, so you have a PS3, too? I can´t wait to play Uncharted 2, neither. And Ratchet and Clank, and Modern Warefare 2, and Gran Turismo 5 and Bad Company 2... damn, that´ll de some expensive months for me. xD If you´re interested to know, my PSN ID is Viperfreak.

Comment

Cool I'll add you to my list, I'm JiveGuru on PS3

Comment

you gots uncharted 2?! OMG JIVE TURKKEY! Bring it on! my PSN name is Persondudeguy

Comment

Cool I have Uncharted 2, too! We should play it some day My PSN ID is Viperfreak

Comment

Hey - I have my own section now! Yay!!

Feel free to go ahead and make some threads, the only thing I really wanna ask is to be civil in here. So go ahead make suggestions or just drop me a line.

See you around the Forum!
                      Hello Jive Guru there are some awesome movies out one I want to see is How To Train Your Dragon also I have some artwork if you want to look at it enjoy!

Comment

Umm... yeah, I guess there are a few good movies out now and/or soon. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Working...
                        X