Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

VBulletin Upgrade - Opinions Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be totally honest , poking through the vbulletin stuff for the mobile api stuff is a tad bit confusing. http://www.vbulletin.com/vbcms/conte...334-mobile-api is one page but I doubt that's what you're looking for. It goes it to far more detail INSIDE the members area of vbulletin, both iOS and Android require becoming a part of their "Developer" network, Google charges $25, I didn't see anything cost wise for Apple. You may want to poke around and see what documentation then have for Vbulletin 5.0's mobile suite.
    Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
      To be totally honest , poking through the vbulletin stuff for the mobile api stuff is a tad bit confusing. http://www.vbulletin.com/vbcms/conte...334-mobile-api is one page but I doubt that's what you're looking for. It goes it to far more detail INSIDE the members area of vbulletin, both iOS and Android require becoming a part of their "Developer" network, Google charges $25, I didn't see anything cost wise for Apple. You may want to poke around and see what documentation then have for Vbulletin 5.0's mobile suite.
      yea that page is genericish, but judging from that page it doesnt seem to be to diffficult

Comment

From my extensive googleing (wow vbulletin has horrible help pages) theres actually a wizard that can make the app for you and give you the final app form so that you can you upload it to the ios and android marketplaces

Comment

Originally posted by cm0002 View Post
          From my extensive googleing (wow vbulletin has horrible help pages) theres actually a wizard that can make the app for you and give you the final app form so that you can you upload it to the ios and android marketplaces
          Yeah I noticed that in the VBulletin Members area .

Comment

I also find this site
            http://www.forumrunner.net/

it seems to be a dirt cheap option thats on add-on to vbulletin instead of buying the vbulletin one

Comment

In other words, maybe it should be tabled for now.

I've been doing some research into additions that VB5 can handle, looks like a good chuck of awesome is possible with it.
              Not to overwhelm you (…prematurely ), but as Lennox suggested it would be awesome to have the good TABLE module if it's supported. vBulletin added default table support at some point, but it's pretty basic even by '90s standards. Anyway, that customization didn't seem to use a lot of horsepower, but maybe you'd prefer to wait until we can make the hardware upgrades happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FairySlayer View Post
                Not to overwhelm you (…prematurely ), but as Lennox suggested it would be awesome to have the good TABLE module if it's supported. vBulletin added default table support at some point, but it's pretty basic even by '90s standards. Anyway, that customization didn't seem to use a lot of horsepower, but maybe you'd prefer to wait until we can make the hardware upgrades happen.
                Bookmarked for post update.

Comment

Originally posted by cm0002 View Post
                  I also find this site
                  http://www.forumrunner.net/

it seems to be a dirt cheap option thats on add-on to vbulletin instead of buying the vbulletin one

Looks neat, I'll poke into it more tonight and see how well it'll integrate.. I'm sure it'll be fine, just need to double check costs etc..

Comment

Ahh so it's free on our side, but like $2 on your side.. I'll leave that up to you all to make your opinions known on that.

Comment

Blaaa they only support up to VB 4.2... we're going to 5.2 , here's hoping they update

Comment

Blaaa they only support up to VB 4.2... we're going to 5.2 , here's hoping they update
                        Damn, well theres always tapatalk as well, and they do support v5

https://tapatalk.com/

Comment

Ok, Our upgrade has been assigned, they asked a few questions , I answered (mostly saying we wanted to go to 5.x so that we can move forward with all of the features you guys want. I'll let you know when we're scheduled as soon as I'm told.. Anyone want to donate for a custom theme? LOL Still hoping for an artist or two to volunteer for the new Forum header.

Cheetah

Comment

So, what are the new features (if any) going to be? Or do you know yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Andreamedis View Post
                              So, what are the new features (if any) going to be? Or do you know yet?
                              vB5.x supports a lot of things. Better attachments, more integration. I'll be disabling a few things I've found profoundly annoying while using the pal forum that is the same version, and cleaning up the look of it to be significantly less cluttered. A lot of the additions are behind the scenes, and will allow the server to function better, and allow me to disable a few "virtual" systems we have to run to maintain this older version.

I'll do my best to make it enjoyable for everyone once we get the software moved over. I WILL need help re-themeing the forum as I am no artist.. Again volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheetah

Comment

I WILL need help re-themeing the forum as I am no artist.. Again volunteers would be greatly appreciated.
                                I'll help. Just let me know what's wanted and I'll accommodate to the best of my artistic ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X