Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

VBulletin Upgrade - Opinions Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
    vB5.x supports a lot of things. Better attachments, more integration. I'll be disabling a few things I've found profoundly annoying while using the pal forum that is the same version, and cleaning up the look of it to be significantly less cluttered. A lot of the additions are behind the scenes, and will allow the server to function better, and allow me to disable a few "virtual" systems we have to run to maintain this older version.

I'll do my best to make it enjoyable for everyone once we get the software moved over. I WILL need help re-themeing the forum as I am no artist.. Again volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheetah
    Ok, so most of the new features are Mod side. That's fine, although there's one thing I'm hoping will be fixed: The Rep system seems to have a slight flaw in it right now. I've noticed that when I get rep from someone, it'll link my post, time stamp it and show me the person's comment, but fails to credit the person giving the rep. I like to acknowledge my fans, but I can't do that if I don't know who they are. I know it's such a minor thing, but still something I'm hoping will be addressed.

Comment

By the skin of my skinny skin skin...

LOL Still hoping for an artist or two to volunteer for the new Forum header.
      If needed though I can pitch in towards commissioning a header – and perhaps we can make a contest out of it if that gets more interest.

Originally posted by BansheeBandit View Post
      I'll help. Just let me know what's wanted and I'll accommodate to the best of my artistic ability.
      That's mighty awesome of you. I'd have offered to help, but saying that I have bad design skills is still wrong because the word skills is in there.

The only thing I ask you to consider is not making the pages top-heavy with banners, spaces, links, tool bars, etc. Even at 1080p and a tight toolbar config, many forums are almost entirely static on the first screenful; there's usually one or two actual items at the very bottom which will go off screen if you simply use page-down.

Comment

Just wondering if a blue/lavender colored forum theme like would be nice. it'd would give a nostalgic wwoec theme and make it easy to feel like we were back home.

Comment

Not it'll be theme'd like the rest of TJA In a red and white theme
          Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Not it'll be theme'd like the rest of TJA In a red and white theme
            Just an idea but if possible you could do what sites like GameFAQs does and give a few options. I'd like a red/black one myself but if not, eh atleast I suggested something lol

Comment

Well that was sudden. They didn't give me any real warning to let you all know. I do apologize. They've been dragging their heals for over 2 weeks and tried to sandbag yet again tonight till I was there to solve every issue they could come up with. I'm out of the office at the moment. But I'll be back in a bit to organize this up a bit.

Comment

I like the new look already

Comment

Well that was sudden.
                  Oh yeah, and the moment I logged in half the widgets weren't there, but they've gradually been showing up, making things usable again. I think we're good.

Comment

I had the old build open on my browser, and clicked my User CP, and got quite the fright when whole thing changed. Then my password failed when I tried to log into the new build. I ended up having to reset my password to get in, and even that took multiple tries before I got in. *Sighs*

Comment

Wow, I guess the upgrade added a mobile version for the browser, looks alright

Comment

Originally posted by Andreamedis View Post
                        I had the old build open on my browser, and clicked my User CP, and got quite the fright when whole thing changed. Then my password failed when I tried to log into the new build. I ended up having to reset my password to get in, and even that took multiple tries before I got in. *Sighs*
                        I can't even see my User CP. But that's OK. We just gotta give Cheetah the time it takes. There are many many tweeks that have to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreamedis View Post
                          It was probably still upgrading bud :P

Comment

There's a REAL good chance I might like this.
                            Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

yay a shiny forum, how 'bout dat

Comment

It seems the upgrade is new to me, I felt like the "Subscribed Threads" are not there for me to take a shortcut to my subscribed threads.

EDIT : Never mind, "My Recent Post" can do that too, although I find the old shortcuts in the old forum layout is much better because it felt like WWOEC. But now, it's not.
                                Last edited by ; 03-19-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X