Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

The WWOEC Refugee Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xasterix
    replied
    Ah yes 28, the age I lost my will to date people younger under 25. I remember that age.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah
    replied
    Originally posted by Xasterix View Post
    Mostly lurked on WWOEC but sometimes posted in the Wrestling threads. Glad to be here

Cheetah is an old hand here, he must be like what 28 now *ducks*
    LOL Started TJA at 15 in 1995.. so Going to be 36 In august.. I wish I were 28 LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Xasterix
    replied
    hello

Mostly lurked on WWOEC but sometimes posted in the Wrestling threads. Glad to be here

Cheetah is an old hand here, he must be like what 28 now *ducks*

Leave a comment:

• SLIM
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
    Well I'll say this so you guys have more piece of mind from crashes..

TJA Operates on A Virtual Machine, That Operates on it's Own (Owned) Web Server that is Quadruple redundant for Backups and Hard Drives, NOW.. Add to that that DIRECTLY Below that server is an IDENTICAL server, that mirrors the first server in every way.. should ANYTHING fail the site can be brought up on the other machine within seconds. The Hard drives are covered by Western Digital, the servers are in a Tier 1 Hosting Rack Center, With 8 Back Up Diesel Generators and 45 minutes of full building UPS, and it's also on a hospital Grid. To say the least it would take Armageddon to shut them down. And even then we'd be up for a bit :P
    DAMN.....
    WOW, that is impressive!!

Going to need and try to raise the $450 to get the vbulletin software updated and pay them to upgrade it since it's so far behind in version I don't want to destroy what's here already. You guys think it would be our of hand to try and do a fund raiser to do this?
    Not at all.
    By all means start one up, this will help us all in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah
    replied
    I know someone is now trying to bring back the older server by getting it from Cobra.. I realize all of you have lots of choices, and know that, no matter what you're always welcomed here. That we'll always strive to give you guys full control and the best time we can. So best hopes to all, but I do hope some of you plan to stay.

Leave a comment:

• Poland
    replied
    Welcome to all WWOEC refugees , you can feel at home here and I hope you'll have fun!!.

Leave a comment:

• Usako Man
    replied
    Originally posted by PrinceJupiter View Post
    "Cobra's increasingly worsening health"

Well, this I did not know.
    Hey whoa whoa whoa... where did this come from???? I had no idea!!

Leave a comment:

• Izidor
    replied
    Well done, thanks Peppi!

Leave a comment:

• Izidor
    replied
    Removed maximum post size. You should be all set
    Yup, just posted it. Thanks. Most of WWOEC's writers go all out and write longer stories, so having to double and triple post a single textual entity just feels wrong and kinda hacky. They'll appreciate your effort

Leave a comment:

• blargsnarf
    replied
    Sup.

Apparently you need 10 characters per message. Done.

Leave a comment:

• Pepipopo
    replied
    Originally posted by Izidor View Post
    Thank you for the accomodation. I've gathered that as far as content goes there's no difference here and from what we were used to on WWOEC. Fairy Slayer also mentioned that you've been around for a long while, which is encouraging. I've been in this game as a mere end user for quite a while as well. I like to nest so to speak, so I'm hoping that we end up with at least a fraction of what we had over at WWOEC. I'll try to spread the word as much as I can too, but I'm not in explicit contact with the great masters. Those few users I communicated with are either here or will hopefully find their way.

Also, I hope that if any changes to the board software and such are planned and/or must occur please keep it nice and simple. Both this place and WWOEC had it right. I prefer this look to PAL's by a very wide margin.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope things work out for all of us. What happened with WWOEC is a shame and I miss it already, but here's to a new start with good will and cheer. Let's make this work

Addendum - I tried posting one of my stories, but I get the "text too long" message. 10 000 chara is the limit, the thing has almost 40k. Obviously it can be split in multipost, but I was wondering if the limit can be significantly expanded. I'm sure Fairy Slayer would appreciate that :P
    Welp, i did contact one of the BIG ones and he is going to join as soon as next monday hopefully.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Cobra's increasingly worsening health"

Well, this I did not know.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah
    replied
    Addendum - I tried posting one of my stories, but I get the "text too long" message. 10 000 chara is the limit, the thing has almost 40k. Obviously it can be split in multipost, but I was wondering if the limit can be significantly expanded. I'm sure Fairy Slayer would appreciate that :P
    Removed maximum post size. You should be all set

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah
    replied

I'll be trying to fix that now.. Sorry somethings we just hadn't run into before, plus I'll be contacting vbulletin next week to schedule them to be able to update us to at least 4.2 , If we go to 5.2 like Pal I'll do my best to keep the layout AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I just heard about this on Pranky's stream. So what happened?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X