Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

The WWOEC Refugee Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm up to gb3167

edit: mmm... the first one said it errored or something. oh well... lost my powers. hahaha
    Last edited by 2Hip; 02-27-2016, 01:16 AM. Reason: read edit note

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Hip View Post
      i'm up to gb3167

edit: mmm... the first one said it errored or something. oh well... lost my powers. hahaha
      All..Glory..To..The..Hypnotoad!
      All..Glory..T-huh? I'm Free!! FREE!!

Good to see you, 2Hip!

Comment

• I know I wasn't much around anyway, but I *am* still alive, and I am seriously mourning WWOEC's fall.

But I'm so very grateful that we poor refugees have been welcomed here! Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by deathman11 View Post
          Where do artists like Jimmy go now? I don't think he kept records of his own stuff, and his was some of the best - no THE best simpsons stuff there was, maybe. is anyone in contact with him or have backups of his stuff? LordSpank maybe? Most things online are outdated or incomplete.
          seh "the stuff" that is the real disgrace, they should make a backup of the database, like a torrent, that things was a artistic treasure an odd, eccentric corner of the web, but like all art, it was part of the human experience and should be archived

Comment

• What a very nice alternative this site appears to be. But I'll miss WWOEC.

Comment

• One more refugee here, and unfortunately I was out of the loop due to illness at the moment it happened. It's a real shame, because WWOEC was my home for a good many years, and I had a lot of stuff up there I still haven't reposted anywhere else. Luckily I managed my page on WWOEC and still have it fully backed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madoc View Post
                One more refugee here, and unfortunately I was out of the loop due to illness at the moment it happened. It's a real shame, because WWOEC was my home for a good many years, and I had a lot of stuff up there I still haven't reposted anywhere else. Luckily I managed my page on WWOEC and still have it fully backed up.
                Other artists may have it even harder. Even the message directing us to Palcomix is gone. Now you get "Server not found".
                You can't kick ass with shoes of peace!
                -Youtube comment on Bibleman clip

Comment

One more refugee here, and unfortunately I was out of the loop due to illness at the moment it happened. It's a real shame, because WWOEC was my home for a good many years, and I had a lot of stuff up there I still haven't reposted anywhere else. Luckily I managed my page on WWOEC and still have it fully backed up.
                  Welcome back my friend, you are one of the biggest inspirations for drawing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hentaimaster View Post
                    seh "the stuff" that is the real disgrace, they should make a backup of the database, like a torrent, that things was a artistic treasure an odd, eccentric corner of the web, but like all art, it was part of the human experience and should be archived
                    Said backup would have to be a miracle now.

So many things lost forever. So much art irrecoverable. From so many artists that haven't even posted/have retired years ago and never heard from again... So many stories, forgotten.

There's a small chance to recover from this if everyone cooperates in resharing their old works and rebuilding what everyone lost. But I heard most of you artists don't like sharing your old works because you think it's terrible.

Dunno why that is, majority of your fans don't mind and even like most of your old works. We see it as a progression to how you've improved over time. Kind of like examples of the evolution of your art. Plus it helps give us basis for future constructive criticism of which you are welcome to listen to or not of course. Dealers choice.

Admittedly I never backed up much of my favorite artists works aside from the ones on paheal, but that's because I never expected wwoec to burn down the way it suddenly did like that. I mean, that place has been up for years and whenever it went down it went back up again.

Majority of artists I discovered and met there weren't dicks either and would actually reply if you messaged them. Which was super cool.

TJA shows great promise and if the board gets updated soon, the chances are also greater. The galleries are already awesome And I like how organized it is plus a page where you can view recently added gallery works.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Laughing Man Anomaly View Post
                      TJA shows great promise and if the board gets updated soon, the chances are also greater. The galleries are already awesome And I like how organized it is plus a page where you can view recently added gallery works.
                      It's paid for, Hopefully queued , Waiting on word from VBulletin as to when it'll happen. If I don't hear from them by Tuesday I'll give them a call.
                      Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                        It's paid for, Hopefully queued , Waiting on word from VBulletin as to when it'll happen. If I don't hear from them by Tuesday I'll give them a call.
                        I for one can't wait. Btw Cheetah, the galleries are weird sometimes. Some posts end up as an empty black box and the real picture only shows up if you "click for full view".

Like this one from incog that's one the main page right now:
                        http://www.jabarchives.com/main/post...54565716211056

Speaking of incog... weird how he's been uploading a lot at the galleries but hasn't made a thread at the artist's forum section yet. (Ah he'll probably get to it.)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Laughing Man Anomaly View Post
                          I for one can't wait. Btw Cheetah, the galleries are weird sometimes. Some posts end up as an empty black box and the real picture only shows up if you "click for full view".

Like this one from incog that's one the main page right now:
                          http://www.jabarchives.com/main/post...54565716211056

Speaking of incog... weird how he's been uploading a lot at the galleries but hasn't made a thread at the artist's forum section yet. (Ah he'll probably get to it.)
                          I can see why that is. That particular image is a PNG file with transparency. So it's seen as all black in the thumbnail.

Comment

• Manuel is correct, it's a transparency issue with PNG and the thumbnails in JQuerey
                            Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

I'm glad you found your way here Madoc!
                              The gentle touch of violin strings

Comment

• Originally posted by manuelhogflogger View Post
                                I can see why that is. That particular image is a PNG file with transparency. So it's seen as all black in the thumbnail.
                                Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                                Manuel is correct, it's a transparency issue with PNG and the thumbnails in JQuerey
                                Ah so that's why. I thought it was just lineart on white background. Makes sense now yeah. Same thing happens at uploads on paheal sometimes..

Comment

Working...
                                X